PHP is one of the most popular languages to develop dynamic Web pages. It supports all major database servers, including: MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, mSQL, Sybase, etc.
If you are developing a Web application that uses PHP and needs to access MS SQL Server, you should go download and install PHP to your local machine to practice PHP and SQL Server connection. The best way to download and install PHP on Windows systems is to:
* Go to http://www.php.net, which is the official Web site for PHP.
* Click the Downloads menu link. You will see the PHP download page.
* Go to the "Windows Binaries" section, and click "PHP 5.2.3 zip package" link to download PHP binary version for Windows in ZIP format.
* Save the downloaded file, php-5.2.3-Win32.zip with 9,847,499 bytes, in C:Temp directory.
* Unzip the downloaded file into directory C:php.
You are done. No need to run any installation program.